In a new interview with MediaRoom Hub TV, actress Tonto Dikeh‘s Husband Olakunle Churchill addresses the domestic violence allegations leveled against him by his estranged wife.
He also talks about the fact that he was already successful before he met her and how her statements about helping him financially are untrue.
He also talks about how Tonto Dikeh sometimes goes through an uncontrollable “crisis” as her result of her “negative intake”. When probed further on what he meant by negative intake, he lists alcohol abuse, marijuana and more. According to him, during the Ghana incident, his wife was under the influence of certain substances and he says when that happens, “Six men can’t hold Tonto down, talk less of me beating Tonto”.
Watch the interview below.
Excerpts from the Interview
- Churchill and Tonto met 2 and a half years ago at Escape Nightclub in Lagos during his brother’s birthday party
- Tonto got pregnant 6 months after they met
- That triggered him to take the next step by going to her village to pay her brideprice
- Churchill has been “into real estate since he was 22 years old”
- When he met Tonto, he had 4 companies, now he has 6 companies
- He says Tonto definitely did not “make him successful”
- Regarding the “Ghana incident” when Tonto allegedly got arrested:
- Tonto got angry because he wanted to go for a friend’s house warming
- She jumped his fence after tearing down the security system
- She then went into the house and destroyed property
- He was not home at the time and he called the Police
- She was rude to the Police chief at the station and even spat at Police officers
- He claims he deleted photos from the incident to attempt to protect Tonto
- He wrote a withdrawal letter to the Police in an attempt to prevent Tonto from being jailed. He also paid for her to be bailed.
- Tonto allegedly apologized and “promised not to go back to drugs”
3 weeks after this incident, Tonto got pregnant
- He talked about “crisis” Tonto experiences due to “negative intakes” such as Alcohol and Drugs – this makes her uncontrollable “6 men can’t hold her down” during these “crises”
- Tonto was “a perfect woman” all through her pregnancy
- Tonto allegedly became erratic once again after she came back to Nigeria 4 months after the birth of King
- According to Churchill, Tonto has damaged 66 Million Naira worth of property till date
- Churchill says he has tried to “revive her” to the person she was while she was pregnant
- He has someone in Tonto’s inner circle who monitors Tonto and gives him updates including when Tonto attempts to blackmail him etc…
- Churchill disputes claims that he has “hit King” as claimed by Tonto
- He played an audio recording of a conversation between himself and King’s nanny
- During the call, he lamented about being denied access to King. This happened a day before King’s birthday
- On Tonto’s domestic violence allegations, he claims he did not hit her
- He says the only scar he is aware of is one on her leg
- He explains that the incident which led to the scar occurred in his mum’s house when Tonto was destroying property. Her male best friend was crying and trying to hold her, in the midst of the commotion, Tonto hurt her leg
- He shared a video of the aftermath of the alleged incident, his mum’s voice can be heard in the background
On Tonto’s claims that she lost a 4 month pregnancy, he addresses the timeline and says it is not true
- He says Tonto “makes up the scars” and that he is not a woman beater
- Churchill denies the STD claims
- He added that Tonto got trucks to move all her things from their house despite claiming she left their home “with nothing”
- Their families have tried to reconcile them 9 times
- He says that during these family meetings, Tonto pretends to be interested in the reconciliation and then blocks him after.
He shared videos and photos from a recent family meeting which Tonto attended with King
- Regarding the trip with his mistress, he says he got all his staff visas for a business trip to Europe which they all attended as a group
- At some point, Tonto beat his younger brother
- On his alleged kids outside wedlock, he says it is not true
- On Tonto saying he withheld information on his first marriage, he points out that gist and photos on his first marriage went viral before he and Tonto tied the knot
- On Tonto’s allegations that the luxury gifts displayed were not truly purchased by Churchill, he says it is not true and that he has receipts for everything including a Rolex